Thursday, May 14, 2015

Days Of The Week Comments
Magickal Graphics
Three years ago, I was driving back from dropping off my son, when I went into bigeminal rhythm. I got off the freeway, pulled into a town I didn't know and called 9-1-1, where the told me to stop right in the middle of the road and sent an ambulance after me. The police came, parked my car at a church and I spent the night at the hospital. This led to a long run of doctors, where I learned that I have Barrters Syndrome, an electrolyte disorder that causes my heart to beat very irregular when I run very low on my electrolytes. I have to take a potassium sparing diuretic and potassium and magnesium supplements that caused my pharmacist to look sideways at me and ask me, "Are you sure?" Next, I also learned I have Ehler Danlos, and that's why all the joint pain. I ended up moving to part-time at work, then had to quit as my rhythms got worse. I had to keep increasing my electrolytes and still my rhythms cannot be controlled. And even though these are physical symptoms,  I believe that I could have kept from getting this bad if I had just not stayed in one of the most verbally abusive relationships I've ever witnessed.

I say all that to say this. I'm rebuilding my life and slowly some of my health. And I encourage women who think that abuse is just fists and words to realize that your body is responding like you've just run into a bear, every single day that you're in that relationship. It will kill you. It's not a matter of if he does it. It's a matter of when your body can no longer compensate for what is going on inside of your body every single day you live with abuse.

I took a Abnormal Psych class in college. That was eleven years into the abuse I had lived with--and already way too late. I got out, but it didn't stop the downward spiral my body had already taken. And it's taken five more years to begin to rebuild.

I would like to write books on this, but I'm not sure. If you want to talk to me about this subject, message me. If you would read these kind of books, let me know. I have to think about it. But I'd love to hear from you. Let me know your thoughts on the matter:)

No comments:

Post a Comment